martes, 17 de julio de 2007

Un dia en la playa

Well today was just about as great as it gets. My roommate and a friend and I decided to go to the beach today, and ended up stayin there for over 5 hours. It was amazing!! We laid out for a bit, then got in the water (which felt GREAT!). The waves were huge, so it was really fun, jumping with them and diving under them and trying not to get a mouth full of water :) Haha. After a bit we walked down the beach a bit and got some lunch, then headed back to the sand for more laying/swimming/siesta-ing. It was incredible!


This is a map of my part of Barcelona - see my apartment, and see how close the beach is? It's like a 20, maybe 30 minute walk from my door to the water. Can you blame a girl for skipping class to experience all that this city has to offer? Haha. It is summer after all!

Oh, and to whoever it may interest, I've got some pretty ridiculous tan lines. My watch, ring, and flipflops have all left their marks, not to mention how badly my swimsuit tanlines clash with my dresses. But I'd take this over being pale!!

One funny thing about the beaches here - there are people walking up and down the whole time with little coolers trying to sell you water or beer or pop or whatever you will buy, and they just walk by advertising what they have and it turns into a song: "colaaaaa, fantaaaa, aguaaaaa, cerveza beer" at one point i was laying there and it was like a song being sung in a round in stereo - essentially the same song at different points being sung by multiple vendors in all directions - a little bit irritating, but if you're on the beach and in one of those moods where nothing can take away your smile, it's rather amusing.

Ah, this is the life.

No hay comentarios: