jueves, 9 de agosto de 2007

¡Mi madre está aquí!

MY MOMMA IS HERE!!
Though not without considerable problems. She left KC on Monday, but due to storms her flight from KC to Newark was delayed, therefore causing her to miss her flight to Madrid. Between a lack of time and the forces of the world all allying against her, she was unable to communicate this "minor" problem to anyone, except for an email that she sent off to me. On the day I was to meet her at the airport I overslept, therefore leaving me with not enough time to check my email before throwing my things in my bag and fleeing the hostel. So while I ran around the airport, bag in tow, trying to locate her, I ended up missing our next flight (to Granada), although I still thought that she was on it somehow. After talking to the airline about getting a later flight, talking to the train company about taking a train, and making many unsuccessful phone calls to the bus station, I decided to head to the bus station and just get myself to Granada to meet her. On my way out of the airport I called Dad one more time, and luckily I called while he was on the other line with Mom. Thank goodness I didn´t leave the airport, let alone go to Granada!!!! I hustled over to her terminal and after a long and stressful morning I finally found her. We ended up going standby on a later flight to Granada, and since then it´s been smooth sailing!
Granada was awesome (but I´m biased - I love that place!). We had a great dinner in a really cute plaza, complete with street musicians, sangria, and a very Spanish kitchen staff ("no, you can´t have a small pizza, the kitchen decided to only make mediums today"). haha - it was a great end to that day!
The next day we headed to Sevilla and have done a lot - walked around the old Jewish quarter yesterday, had dinner on the river, toured the Cathedral, and saw a lot of the areas in which I spent a lot of time. Mom was amazed at how HUGE the Giralda is (that´s the tower that we have a smaller version of in KC). I´ve just looked it up, and it´s about 2.5 times the height of ours! We´re talkin BIG. So yeah everything has been wonderful, and we´re excited to have one more night here in Sevilla and then head to Barcelona tomorrow!
.... SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!! -kel

No hay comentarios: